Friday, May 20, 2011

Thoughts on Friday



In an attempt to buy the most fantastic gift ever for my boyfriend for our 5th anniversary coming up on the 1st June, I actually ended up buying a gift for myself. Here's the story.

It's not easy to buy presents for a man. They don't really want anything and when they do, it's usually super expensive and has an Apple logo on it. Unfortunately I can't conform to that so I have to think a little more outside the box.

After racking my brains I though of getting him a vintage watch. Really classy, the kind the have to wind up everyday. Perhaps not suitable for casual wear but it'd look great with a suit for a smarter occasion. I went straight for Ebay where I found hundreds to choose from and decided to bid on one in particular. 1960s Titoni, gold plated with a tiny crystal set just above the 6. We have set our budget for under £50 because it's only an anniversary so when I got said watch for £42, I was chuffed. However, after receiving it in the post this morning, I realised that it is a little petite in size. Beautiful for a women's watch but not exactly very masculine. And I actually fell in love with it. It's so me - classic but with a little bit of sparkle - or how I like to think of myself as, anyway. I've decided to keep it and I am still on the hunt to find the perfect anniversary present. Any suggestions are welcome.





Lastly I'd like to leave you with a link to Elina's blog where she's posted some photos during the "making of" our final project - a 3 minute broadcast video. Click here to have a look (I'm the one in the trench).

No comments:

Post a Comment