Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Statement Sandals

Bar the end of last week, the last couple of months have been relatively sunny in London. That means that the winter clothes (and shoes) get pushed to the back of the wardrobe and the summer clothes come forward. Goodbye heavy, black boots. Hello strappy sandals.

I already had a couple of pairs of sandals from Zara from last summer (seen here) but felt I needed a more neutral pair. These have tan leather straps, gold hardware and a yellow/brown stone on the front so they will go with a lot of my outfits.

I found these in River Island for £25 and used my £10 gift card which I got for my birthday back in November to get them cheaper. I fly to Spain on Wednesday for 5 days to visit my family and friends so I'm sure they'll be the base for most of my outfits.

Nail colour - Essie in 558 Flirt

Here are some more statement sandals which have caught my eye.

Simple in shape but I love the orange suede pop of colour. Perfect with a crisp, white sun dress. K Jacques St Tropez, £170. Available at Net-a-porter.com.

A bit of bling never goes a-miss. Glam up battered denim shorts and a billowing shirt. Musa, £285. Available at Net-a-porter.com.

Flowery and fun, wear with wide leg jeans and a simple T. Topshop, £28.

Jewels and a bow, one of my favourite pairs of sandals this season. Wear them with a pretty summer dress. Zara, £49.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment