Monday, May 9, 2011

Chocolate Brownies



I don't often make brownies, simply because I find that my homemade ones are never as good as shop bought ones. But the recipe is really simple and I was in the mood for some stress-free baking on a Sunday afternoon so I decided to fish out an old recipe. I've slightly adapted it because I think my way makes richer, denser brownies and was pleasantly surprised with the results. N.B. They are even better the next day!!

Makes about 12
Ingredients:

1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 sunflower oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup plain flower
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts, cherries, or anything else you'd like to add

Method:

Grease 20-25cm baking pan.
Mix oil, butter, sugars, vanilla.
Beat in eggs.
Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
Stir in egg mix and optional extras.
Bake for 25 mins at 200 degrees.




No comments:

Post a Comment