Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Organisation

I'm trying (not too successfully at the moment) to re-organise our flat. We still have books and DVDs in boxes from when we moved in 7 months ago. I am on the hunt for an antique book case but since I don't have a car, it makes it difficult to find places that have them.

My wardrobe is also needing a make-over. I bought some non-slip, skinny hangers the other day so they have done that job but I no longer have enough space for all my shoes. I need to find some kind of storage to fit into my wardrobe that will house them all. I'm currently resorting to displaying my more summery shoes (which I'm now wearing more frequently) along the floor in my bedroom.



It seems like every flat surface in this apartment is covered in clutter. The top of the chest of drawers, which I've selfishly claimed was littered with receipts, jewellery, stamps, shells - you name it - so I bought this simple ceramic bowl to try to claim back some space.



Magazines are another dilema. You buy them every month but each month you have to find a new home for them. All the ones I've bought since we moved in are stacked underneath our coffee table for now but I'm hoping they'll be re-housed to the forthcoming bookcase. (I have hundreds of magazines in boxes stored away but we won't talk about those.)



Lastly, there is a little corner in my hall way which contains the internet router, home phone and base and extension lead. That's right, ugly cable central. So I'm also on the hunt for a small table to go there but since it's such a small space, it's not the easiest of feats. (I'm ashamed to show you a photo of this little corner)

I may not be happy with my apartments current aesthetic but fresh flowers always help. And I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment