Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shellac

First of all, I'll tell you a little bit about what Shellac is.

Shellac is a product for your nails that is applied like nail polish but cured using UV light. It dries instantly and rock hard and lasts for at least a week and a half, if not more on the hands and months on the toes without any scuffs or chips. Hard to believe - but it's true. It also stays super shiny for the whole time you have it on and is easy to remove by holding your nails in acetone for a few minutes to remove the polish (which you only have to do when the cuticle grows out).

The products also come in hundreds of colours which can actually be mixed to create hundreds more colours.

My very special friend Sarah is a highly esteemed beautician working on the Costa Del Sol (if you ever visit the Marbella area give her a call - you won't regret it!) who kindly applied Shellac on me. Visit her Facebook and website where you'll find her price list and any other information you need.

I chose a pinky gold colour (created by blending dull gold and nude colours) for my hands and a deep red for my toes (to match the red soles of my Louboutins which I'm wearing to a wedding next weekend).

These are the results. This photo was taken a week after she applied it so you can see that the incredible shine really doesn't fade. Another positive is that my nails which usually split and flake have grown stronger and longer underneath the protective layers plus I've saved myself hours not having to do my nails 3 times a week!



It's a little pricey to have done here in the UK but for a holiday or special event it's really worth it. Check out the Sweet Squared website to find a salon near you.

2 comments:

  1. OMG THAT RED IS BEAUTIFUL. Want want wantttt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this done, my Mum has it done on her nails, but I am too poor :(:( x

    ReplyDelete