Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Holiday Essentials

How depressing. I really am lost without being able to transfer photos onto my computer. Hopefully it won't be long till the cable arrives.

Since recently being away, and having to pack extremely light, I've had to think a lot about "essentials". After shortlisting what seems like 100s of things you want to take on holiday to just a few, I thought I would feature my super five fashion essentials which you shouldn't leave the country without (at least not in summer anyway).

1. Bikini

If you're going to a hot country, more than likely you will be swimming at some point whether it be in the pool or the sea. This By Malene Birger bikini (available at net-a-porter.com) is small and simple enough to avoid unsightly strap lines and I love the tassle detailing on the ties.

2. Sandals

For day or night, a comfy yet stylish sandal is a must. I would choose a neutral coloured pair to go with your whole wardrobe. I bought these from River Island (available at asos.com) and I'm so glad I did. I've worn them nearly everyday and after a couple of blistered wears, they're comfortable too.

3. Tote

If you are trying to take minimal bags, your first port of call should be a tote. Large enough for the beach and hand baggage but chic enough for lunch or shopping whilst abroad. I love this cheap and cheerful Pieces one from asos.com.

4. Maxi dress

Just like the tote, it needs to be practical to wear on the beach but also dressy enough for dinner. This T-Bags maxi (available at net-a-porter.com) has a simple shape but the embellishment makes it special.

5. Sunglasses

A no-brainer. I have two pairs which I like to chop and change depending on my mood and outfit - a large, olive green Marc by Marc Jacobs pair and some classic Ray Ban aviators. I also love these from Miu Miu (available at net-a-porter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment