Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Over The Taupe


Whilst working, my nails have to be pristine so every few days I have to remove and reapply. However, after making my way through my entire nail colour collection, I decided to experiment a little using the glitter polish I bought to wear to the wedding last month (see here). One of my favourites is Over The Taupe by OPI but I consider it more of an autumn/winter colour. However, a little glitter should brighten it up nicely.

After cleaning, moisterising and shaping, I applied a thin layer of basecoat to each nail. Then two layers of Over The Taupe, leaving each layer to dry completely before applying the next. Then I painted my index and ring finger nail on each hand with the glitter polish, left it to dry and then finished with a layer of top coat on all the nails.

Verdict: Not 100% if I like it but I suppose that's the beauty of being able to change it every few days. I think next time I'll graduate the glitter down the nail instead of covering it all evenly.

First coat

Second coat

Glitter added

My tools - OPI Over The Taupe, Attitude by Star Nails, Rimmel 5in1 Base & Top Coat

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, I thought it was about time I commented on yours. My girlfriend is an avid reader of it as she is into everything to do with fashion especially due to her latest obsession with Mulberry which i think is going to end up costing me a fortune! Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete