Friday, July 1, 2011

Shoe Boxes

I'm having a gradual re-vamp of our apartment at the moment. It seems like since we moved here nearly a year ago, we've accumulated so much more stuff that I really can't find space for it all anymore. Alas, it gathers dust and becomes clutter on the floor instead.

So I started with my shoe situation. Although I have a large double wardrobe, half of it is filled with a spare duvet for when we have guests to stay so I only have a single wardrobe size space for my shoes. After counting them and realising I shockingly own 26 pairs (this doesn't sound much but when I moved here I only had about 10 - meaning I've purchased 16 pairs in less than a year) I needed to find a simple, cheap solution to storing them all in the wardrobe - rather than being scattered all over the floor.

I had looked at chest of draw-type pieces and specific shoe holding systems but they were all too pricey and just didn't store enough shoes. I've always been interested in clear plastic shoe boxes but I kind of thought what's the point, I can just store them in their original boxes. However, they aren't just boxes but actually serve as really smart storage spaces. Each box locks together which makes it easy to stack them and they open at both ends so you don't need to unstack and restack every time you want to take out a pair of shoes. Each box is large enough to fit 1 pair of heels, 2 pairs of flats or 3 pairs of sandals so are really efficient and they have a handle on the side which means they are easy to travel with. At £1 per box, it really was an excellent solution. Plus, the boxes come in various sizes for men, ankle boots and tall boots.


Unfortunately they don't fit my bulky running trainers in but that's my only complaint.


No comments:

Post a Comment