Monday, July 11, 2011

Bookcase

I finally got round to buying a much needed bookcase for our lounge. After searching everywhere for a reasonably priced one (even turning to bespoke until I found out that a modest bookcase would cost about £800 - not in my budget) I had accepted that I would have to buy Ikea. I really didn't want to, not because I'm against Ikea (we have a lot of Ikea furniture already) but just because I wanted something authentic and unique. I'd tried Ebay but because we don't have a car at the moment, we'd have to pay for a courier on top of the bookcase and that would make it unnecessarily expensive.

However, I had a stroke of luck and managed to find a company who do their business through Ebay but for a reasonable price, can also deliver. Result! The one we bought was on offer at £80, I offered £50 and it was accepted. So all in all, it would cost the same amount as the Ikea bookcase we were going to buy but it was A. So much nicer and B. We didn't have to assemble it ourselves.

It's made of solid pine wood and although is second hand, is in pretty good condition. I would hazard a guess that it was at least 10 years old but that just adds to its character. It has some cut out detail all along the top, four shelves and a wood paneling back.

Temporarily I've put all our books and DVDs on there but I plan to rearrange it all when I have time to make it look more considered. I'll attempt to follow these tips on how to get your bookcase looking its best.


Here are a couple more ideas I'm taking inspiration from:



Images c/o Google

No comments:

Post a Comment