Thursday, March 17, 2011

Handbags at Dawn

There comes a time in every bloggers life where they feel the need to share the inner contents of their handbag. Today is my time. I may not have a Mary Poppins style handbag (however much I try) and you aren't going to find anything remotely unusual in there but a woman's handbag contents are a very personal thing and it's interesting to see what someone else calls essential, is it not?

I have a fairly large handbag, if you can even call it a handbag, which my Mum gave me for Christmas. I manage to pack so much stuff into it that the straps are often straining and I'm sad to say are slowly detaching themselves from the bag. I fear it may not last too much longer. Sob.



Although I have photographed all of the usual contents, I often carry a pair of heels/light weight flats and a few pieces of make-up in there if I'm working so I can chop and change when I'm travelling.


From left to right:
Top row -

1. Bottle of water. I try to always carry water with me because I know that the time I forget is the time I have to run for the bus and really need a sip of water.

2. Oyster card. Essential for travelling around London.

3. Tube map. The amount of times I've been glad to have this handy...

4. Anti-bacterial hand wipes. I hate the feeling of my hands after using public transport and if I'm eating lunch on the go, these are definitely a must.

5. Bimba & Lola purse and card holder. One of the best things I've ever bought. I never leave the house with it and would have a breakdown if I ever lost it. It also makes a really handy clutch bag for the evening.

Middle row -
6. Clarins Joli Rouge lipstick in Pink Blossom 730. I love this colour and putting it on makes you instantly look like you made an effort.

7. Paracetamol. Just in case.

8. USB memory stick. For transporting files to and from university.

9. Hand mirror. I used to have a Barbie one but felt it looked a little immature. This one is just a boring No7 one.

10. Lip balm. This little metal pot used to contain a mint scented lip balm but after I used it all up, I replaced it with Vaseline.

11. Polos. You just never know when you'll be kissed next.

12. Tissues. No explanation necessary.

13. Keys. To let myself into my house.

14. Olympus Mju 760 Digital Compact Camera. I've had this for a few years but it's as good now as it was when it was new. You never know when you'll come across a good photo opportunity.

15. Blackberry. Another obvious one. Oh and my Google Maps app. Many a time it has saved me from being completely lost in London.

Bottom row -
16. Giles scarf. An extra cover up when it gets a bit nippy.

17. H&M suede gloves. See no.15.

18. A hair tie. Because a hot, stuffy tube carriage + hair on my neck = the ultimate irritation.

19. An umbrella. I live in England, enough said.

20. The diary which organises my life.

21. Notebook. Mainly to take notes in lectures but you never know when you'll have to jot something down.

22. Parker pen. Given to me by my Grandfather after it was sent to him by his insurance company.

So now I invite you all to out do my slightly boring contents and channel your inner fashion blogger to show me what's in your bag. Well if Susie Bubble has done it...

I'd love to see them so post your blog link below!





Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment