Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Call Yourselves Fashionistas, London?

Myself and Leonie from FatFreeYoghurt went into London today to try to find some street style for a project.

I have to say, we trailed the whole of a 2 kilometre radius of Oxford Street but were surprisingly disappointed with what (or who) we found. You think of London as being one of the most stylish cities in the world but it was slim pickings today, I tell you. There was a definite lack of sartorial-worthy outfits and most of the people we photographed were not even from the UK (the Asian girls definitely took the title). Never-the-less, here are my picks of the day. You'll have to wait until later in the week to see my favourite as I plan to use her for my write-up.


Classic. I love that she wore knee-high boots and a dress without tights on, strangely I'd never think to do that. I really like the ensemble of neutral shades and layers.


English heritage meets colour pop. You don't normally pair bright orange with indigo but it really completes the outfit.


You can never go wrong with black and paired with a camel cape and structured bag, it's a fail safe outfit.


I like the use of the scarf here. It picks up the colours of the individual pieces and brings them all together.


Jeans, heels, blazer, patterned scarf. Always a winner in my eyes.


Something a little effortless but still put together well. I like the addition of the Louis Vuitton bag to a "thrown on" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment