Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Royalty

Ok, I know. Everyone is doing it. All we are seeing and hearing about at the moment is the Royal wedding. I have to confess that I am actually excited about it. Shameful, perhaps, but I am such a Royalist at heart and a disciple of Diana from a young age (I had a cardboard cut-out doll which you could pin outfits on to). I will be battling the crowds on Friday, on the off chance I'll get a glimpse of that kiss on the balcony. Maybe I'll just get drowned in a sea of people but at least the atmosphere will be something to remember. And anyway, it's not often we have the opportunity to be proud to be British, is it?

So in the spirit of the times, I've featured 5 of my favourite things to have come out of this historic occasion and show you that Royal wedding memorabilia doesn't have to be tacky.

1. The Anya Hindmarch limited edition Royal Wedding kit (seen here). Complete with heart-shaped confetti and a temporary tattoo.



2. This lovely little tea set from notonthehighstreet.com.



3. The very British street party. Because an opportunity doesn't come round very often and it's the perfect excuse to drink lots of Pimms.

A street party in 1945

4. Need I justify? Head down to the Hummingbird bakery to get one (or two).



5. I saw these MINX nail transfers featured in Grazia this week. It may be going a bit on the obsessive side but I might attempt a bit of a red, white and blue colour theme for Friday. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment