Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter at the Panayi's

I've had the best week and Easter weekend. My Mum came to visit from Spain and I've spent the whole week indulging in Easter treats and relaxing with my family. I had time away from the computer and took some time to have actual conversations (I found out my Granddad met and had a conversation with King George VI, don't you know). I start my internship at Anya Hindmarch again tomorrow so although I'm giving up my last week of the holidays, hopefully it'll be worth it in the long run.

Here is my week in photos.

Making flaounes (savoury Greek cheese cakes)
Grating the most amount of cheese I've ever seen in one go (before the grater blew up)

Rolling the dough

Pressing on sesame seeds

The cheese and sultana filling

Folding in the dough around the filling





The raw cheese cakes

The cooked cheese cakes

My cousin and boyfriend - the study group, preparing for exams

Coloured eggs (some biblical reference that I'm not sure of)

Struffoli - an Italian Easter sweet

Prayer candles from the Easter services

Finding a stunning photo of my Mum, me and my sister about six years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment