Monday, April 11, 2011

Micro Trend - Brights

I am usually an advocate for neutral dressing but I have to say, I've rather taken to the brights trend - in moderation, may I add. I'm not quite ready for neons, nor wearing multiple brightly coloured pieces, but one skilfully placed item manages to boost your outfit and update those winter hues. I love the deep reds, vibrant fuschias and rich blues so took a browse round net-a-porter.com to see what was on offer.

These are just a few of my favourite pieces.


This Vanessa Bruno blazer would smarten up a neutral-hued short and shirt combo and look equally chic with jeans and a white t-shirt. Really versatile and the structured style will still be on trend in seasons to come.


This is really stunning. The silk-Georgette material is so light and flattering on any figure and the grass green will complement any skin tone. It also has an open back which adds a little sexiness. If I had a spare £390, it'd go on this. By Max-Azria


Mulberry's S/S 2011 collection is really strong. Their metallics and brights are spot on. This clutch is smaller than appears but would adequately fit a wallet, phone and any other evening essentials. The quality of it also means it'll last a life time (if taken care of!).


These Marni acetate brooches would look great adorned on a lighter coloured blazer or scarf. Wear them with an occasion outfit or add interest to a casual t-shirt.


These are so much fun. Probably not very practical but the indigo suede looks so luscious. Totally a fantasy buy and I'd simply wear them with blue jeans and a classic shirt. Maybe add a metal cuff too, for good measure. By Marni


I know this fabric would feel buttery in your hands. Such an easy cover-up for the beach or it would look great tucked into shorts. It could even be worn open, over a fitted jersey dress. By Equipment


Diane Von Furstenburg always produces beautifully coloured clothing and these satin tie-up sandals are so elegant. If I had these I probably wouldn't wear them too often, perhaps just to smart occasions, but they would dress up a plain dress for no effort style.


This is just the most gorgeous Lanvin clutch. It would make an LBD and plain courts look more glamourous but because the satin is so delicate, you'd have to be careful not to scuff it.

1 comment: