Thursday, April 7, 2011

10 Seasonal Essentials

Now the sun's coming out and the weather getting warmer, I can safely say that we are firmly into Spring, I'd like to share with you my essentials for this season.

1.
Finally the sun has come out so we can start packing away our thick knits. This time of year I opt for a lighter, softer cardigan instead like this one by Vince.

2.
Another light cover-up, this is not only beautiful but practical. Aeroplane air-con, check. A shade for your face on the beach, check. Something to brighten up your outfit, Check. Easily fits in your handbag and is a great staple for travelling. I'll be looking out for something similar to this Missoni.

3.
Comfortable, stylish and practical - what more can you want for a shoe? These Yves Saint Laurent's are neutral enough to go with almost anything, classic enough to wear to the office.

4.
The print on this Thomas Wylde maxi dress is beautiful but it's the flow of the fabric and the detailing on the back which makes it stunning. Wear during the day with strappy flats then throw on a cropped denim jacket when it gets a little chilly.

5.
An obvious choice. For the modern Jackie O, these Yves Saint Laurent's are classic so won't go out of fashion.

6.
A new, bright coloured wallet is a good incentive to make you want to have a clear out of all the things you've squirelled away in that winter handbag. This Comme Des Garçons wallet has lovely printed leather detailing and I'm sure you could easily find a high-street version.

7.
Maybe a tad unnecessary but I just love the idea of a passport holder. This is the time of year we all start thinking about our summer getaways so maybe I'll invest in a beautiful leather holder like this Smythson.

8.
If you're like me, you don't tend to chop and change handbags too often. But I always think it's nice to have a seasonal change. Wearing a lighter coloured handbag somehow pulls your sunnier outfit together a little more rather than weighing it down with a heavy black or dark brown. This Reed Krakoff is big enough to hold anything you would need and is structured so instantly makes a look smarter.

9.
Moisturiser. I tend to get drier skin during the warmer months so it's essential to up my moisterising routine. This Clinique one is silky smooth and absorbs in without being oily. For those on a tighter budget, I found that Boots Botanics Hydrating Day Cream is really good and only about £6.

10.
With those tootsies on display, it's essential to be primped and preened. I like OPI's Hong Kong Sunrise for hands and California Raspberry for feet.

Now all you need is a picnic basket, pimms and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment