Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Gift

As 'V' day looms I thought I'd show you what I plan to give my other half. I have already been Valentine's card shopping four times and am yet to find a relevant card. I hate the smooshy, lovey-dovey poems that card manufacturers insist on printing inside their cards and can never find a front that applies to my relationship. What a minefield.

I found this gem of a present whilst in This Shop Rocks on Brick Lane (blog post here and here) looking at vintage clothes. I HAD to get one so tried to find the oldest one possible. This one is from 1922 - how different cards were back then? But they didn't just send Valentine's cards to their lovers back then but to every member of the family. I decided to frame it (with a frame I bought from a charity shop) because I thought it'd add a lovely touch to our hallway.

















Maria
PS/ Just don't tell my boyfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment