Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shopping for Vintage Gems on Brick Lane - Part One

I took a little trip into London today with Leonie from fatfreeyoghurt. We went for a gander along Brick Lane and found ourselves some lovely vintage shops. Now, I have a bit of a thing for vintage shops but I hate when they are cluttered. It makes me feel like I'm in a charity shop and when I am paying vintage prices, I expect more than the charity shop experience. However, I was pleasantly surprised with everywhere we went today - tidy, clean, organised and still reasonably priced. And I have to add that there wasn't a snooty sales assistant to be found.

As I was on the hunt to complete my French Connection/Louboutin ensemble (see post here) with some sort of purse/clutch, I was pleased to find a lovely late 50s ivory satin clutch bag with hand sewn sequins and beading on for half price - £12.50 - and considering I was mulling over whether to buy one from Primark at £6, I think I got a much better deal. It is a little bit grubby but nothing a cotton bud and some warm water won't fix and you can forgive a little wear and tear after 50 years, can't you?









I love the little post cards that boutiques display for customers to take home, I think it adds just that extra bit of service. These are a few pretty ones I picked up today.









Maria
PS. Come back tomorrow for some more photos of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment