Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Art Deco from a Charity Shop

I decided to do a little charity shop rummaging today (because you know you have to be in the mood) and was pleasantly surprised with the things I found. I actually went with something to buy in mind (post coming soon) and as I was having a flick through the framed items, I came across this. It's a 1970s art deco Vogue mirror, a little dusty but in amazing condition. Now as you can imagine, I was pretty ecstatic to have even found this in a charity shop, but not only that - it was for sale for only £10 (when I went to Paris last year, they were selling them along the river Seine for upwards of €100). I had to have it. And conveniently it matches the soft furnishings in our bedroom. I guess fruitless hours trawling through charity shops is worth it after all.








Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment