Saturday, January 1, 2011

Secret Santa

So I couldn't show you this before Christmas because the recipient hadn't yet been given the gift, but now that all has been revealed, I can share it with you.

First of all, I cannot take credit for the idea. I got it from my friend Elina (click here to see her post) but I took the carved book idea and filled it with things that relate to the person I gave it to. I actually found the book at one of these free libraries that you find in train stations so it didn't cost me anything and after I checked it wasn't worth anything, carved most of the pages out.









I have known the recipient for about 13 years now so we can plenty of memories that I could take inspiration from. I started off with a little booklet of old photos of us. Many of them embarassing but it's always funny to look at them again. Secondly, I found a lovely Heyland and Whittle stand in the shopping centre in Wimbledon selling homemade soaps and herbal toiletries. I wanted to find things that were a bit special, but also fitted into the carved book so I bought a lavendar bag and an oatmeal and spice soap (beautifully wrapped might I add) to put in as well. Our budget for the secret santa was £8 so I had pretty much reached my limit by now, but also, the book couldn't fit anything else in it.









I hope this post has inspired you to get creative next time you get involved in a secret santa or indeed, for a present for a loved one.




X

1 comment: