Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recycled - Trend Report S/S 2011 - Terre á Terre

Back in February last year, I posted a trend report that I wrote for my fashion design course. I wrote it months before the S/S 2011 catwalk shows and way before designers even start to hint at their coming season. Now however, spring is just round the corner and we all have a pretty good idea of what we'll be wearing when the weather starts to warm-up. Looking back at my trend report, I'm happy to say that most of my statements turned out to be true. Some are a little exhagerated and some trends are missing, but over all, for my first trend report, I don't think it was too bad at all. So in the spirit of recyling, I am going to re-post my trend report but correcting a few bits and also showing you what pieces I was actually envisioning/talking about, all those months ago.

My plan is to post a trend a day for the next 10 days so first up, we have...

Terre á Terre

Rich browns, olive greens blended with muted beige, camel and faded pastel colours. This is where the eco-fabrics really come into play. Designers are choosing recycled fabrics to help clear the conscience of the fashion world. Knits are being made from Merino wools, cashmere and cottons rather than synthetics and soft leathers and suedes are the chosen fabrics for jackets. Patterns in general are influenced by the beauty of flora and fauna and linings and subtle details will be adorned with bright floral patterns. A general vibe of ‘’floating’’ is brought to garments with fabrics like chiffon, silk and buttery satins. With a new attitude of ‘’save the planet’’, designers are taking inspiration from the Amazon rainforest which brings forth a whole spectrum of colours.


DKNY


Versus


Roberto Cavalli


Dolce and Gabbana


Dolce and Gabbana


If you want to read the original post, click here.




Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment