Monday, November 22, 2010

Busy Blogger...

I've been super busy the last couple of weeks and I have a feeling that it's only going to get busier. So admittedly, I haven't been updating my blog as much as I'd like.

First of all, it was my birthday on the 14th. I didn't do anything too excited but just went to Camden for cocktails with a few friends.

I started the internship last Thursday. I was only there for a couple of hours but I managed to cut out the pattern pieces to make up two lingerie sets for Loulou to sew. Working with silk and chiffon wasn't easy so I couldn't go as fast as I'd of liked, but I didn't want to rush it and have to re-cut everything again. It took me right back to memories of last year, endlessly cutting out patterns for the final collection. It was nice to get back into it but it wasn't quite the same without the fashion girls.

Today, I went to see some exhibitions as part of my course. The first was 'Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion' at the Barbican. This exhibition definitely cemented my thoughts that Japanese design really isn't my thing. I can apreciate the ingenuity and innovation of the construction, but as far as the style and look goes, I don't really like it.







The next two exhibitions were at Somerset House. 'Dior Illustrated: René Gruau and the Line of Beauty' was a display of Gruau's perfume and cosmetic illustrations for Dior. My favourite exhibiton by far. The images were really special: so elegant and classic.











The final exhibition was a display of images of Matthew Williamson and his collections. There were only a couple of rooms of photos but they truely showed the vibrancy of colour Williamson uses. He seems to exude the rainbow.






Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment