Thursday, October 7, 2010

Barack Obama and Leather Shorts

So reading the Metro (a free, daily London newspaper) this morning I came across a couple of quite humorous pieces.

The first was a style piece on leather. Amongst several images of garments and accessories made of leather was a pair of shorts. And the caption underneath simply read, "If Kate Moss can wear them, we probably can't." I think this perfectly sums up both my (and probably most of the public's?) opinion on them. I personally can't see them lasting more than one season. Look at the leather t-shirt - that hasn't even survived the season it was born into.

The other piece was not fashion related nor really news-worthy but I just thought it was quite amusing and a great little insert to perk up your morning. It was a picture of Barack Obama peering over a lectern after the presidential seal fell off during his speech at a women's event in Washington. He then proceeded to say, as cool and unphased as ever, "That's all right, all of you know who I am."


The original article and video link are here if you want to have a look.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment