Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bikini Time and a Little Bit Of Progress

Here it is! The Vitamin A bikini that was sent to me by Lydia Pili at Omnitrade Fashion. And luckily, it fits perfectly! So I can't wait to try it out when the weather gets a little hotter.







And I've also taken a few photos of my progress for my final collection...


This is my inspiration wall...Marilyn...40s glamour...luxe fabrics...parasols...petals...lounge wear/lingerie...the Laduree bakery...40s American architecture...Alberto Vargas...Jean Harlow...


These are basic sketches of my final 5 outfits. The first one a playsuit and capelet.
The second a top with dart detailing on the neck line and a skirt with twin needle detailing (although I'm thinking of changing it to ribbons).
The third some tailored shorts and a top with organza detailing.
The fourth, a slip dress with organza and throw detailing on the neckline.
The final one, super, super long and wide tailored trousers with a boned bra bodice.


And these are my fabrics. I'm really happy with the colour contrasting and can't wait to see the actual garments made up and put together.

So I have FINALLY finished my patterns today!! After over 6 weeks of repeated pattern cutting and toiling my samples, I am finally happy with the fit and look of the garments.

It's on to the real fabric tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Loveness,

Maria
X

No comments:

Post a Comment