Sunday, March 14, 2010

The project begins

So as an update of my college work, I thought I'd post some photos of my research book which I started last week. We are seeing models this week and continuously talking about the catwalk show to try and organise things. Make-up, lighting, schedules, it's all go at the moment so we are super busy trying to sort it all out.















I got alot of my research from the 1940s. I've been looking at the archetecture in American cities in the 30s and 40s and also the iconic pin-up girls of the age. Colours wise I am looking at the pastel hues of the Laduree bakery macaroons and the rich pinks of roses. I want a soft look to my garments, not quite as ''lingerie'' as I previously stated but more of a lougewear look with a couple of lingerie garments. The research book is still under construction but I now have a better idea of the kind of collection I'm going for. I'll keep you updated.

Loveness,
Maria
X

No comments:

Post a Comment