Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time Gone By...

So firstly I'd like to apologize for not writing my blog in a couple of weeks.
I've been really busy with college and preparing to go to England for the week, and then actually being in England, sending my UCAS form off and having my driving test (and passing!) I just haven't had the time to write down all my brain's fashion whurrings...of them there have been alot.

Observing people on the tube and in and around London, you really do get to see hundreds of different styles and ways of dressing. These people inspire me to write because I can really relate to them. I also have the urge to want to project my personality in the way I dress. I want to wear my heart on my (jacket) sleeve and then accessorize it with passion, interest, mystery, colour...and I'm constantly striving to find these amazing pieces that scream my name and am often disapointed by the offerings of the regular high street stores.

That's why I'm flying the flag for Charity shops, small, individual boutiques and vintage stores. It is so worth spending a decent amount of time in these kinds of shops. Everyone is different. Wherever you go, you know you won't find the same stuff, unlike on the high street. A bonus being you won't spot someone else wearing the same outfit as you! And one day, you may find that unbelievable, limited addition, designer find. Which is much more likely to make a statement and start a conversation, rather than that brightly coloured bondage skirt from Topshop that you've seen on five other girls at the same party.

So that's why, this Christmas season, when you are shopping for your party outfits (on a budget this year, let's be honest) don't just go to the shopping centre and pick out a generic sequin dress. Go to your local Charity shop and not only give other people a happier Christmas and save yourself some hard earned money but be the talk of the party in your one of a kind, Eighties, sequin number.

Loveness,
Maria
X

No comments:

Post a Comment