Friday, October 30, 2009

Giles Deacon for Cadbury's

So I don't know if you've heard what Giles Deacon has done for Cadbury's...well he designed this scarf to help raise money for cancer research but also to launch the new Cadbury's Nibbles collection.

And they were giving away these exclusive scarves free, on pop-up, internet boutiques. Throughout the last 2 days, women (and some men!) up and down the UK have been going nuts trying to get their virtual hands on one. Basically, you have to keep your eyes on about 10 online blogs, since you don't know where or when the next shop will open, and they only open for about an hour before it closes and the next one opens. So as you can imagine, some fashion followers got very irritated and frustrated. I thought it'd be fun to play along but wasn't really expecting to get one.

When the shop does open, you have to enter in your name and email address as quickly as possible, then click 'join the queue'. I joined at about 350 one time, 270 another, so really had no chance of getting one since you had to be in about the first 150 to even have a chance of getting one.

I was surfing the internet earlier and had a few blogs open, ready to see which one opened. One did, just as I clicked on it. I entered my details and joined the queue, to my surprise, at number 15! I honestly thought I'd typed slowly so was quite surprised. When the queue went down to number five, I was asked for my address (which you have a one minute time limit in which to enter the details), my hands were shaking and my heart pumping as I got down to number 1 in the queue, then I was greeted by a lovely woman who was actually writing down my address and packing my scarf! She was talking to me live and I could reply to her via IMs. So I got a scarf! I am so chuffed as I know alot of people were not so lucky. But the scarf is available to buy next month from John Lewis.

This is the first shop of it's kind to be used in such a major ad campaign and has obviously been very successful since there was so much buzz surrounding it.

Can't wait to recieve my scarf now...

Loveness,
Maria
X

No comments:

Post a Comment