Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hello Fresh: The Verdict


So our five days of meals from Hello Fresh are up. It's been fun and I've enjoyed cooking really great meals. We did skip a day on Friday night but it was fine to post-pone two of the meals. As long as your fridge actually functions I reckon all of the ingredients would stay fresh.

I enjoyed every one of the meals, some more than others. My favourite was the Pilaff and my least favourite was probably the salmon but only because it was something that we have regularly anyway. The boyfriend's favourite on the other hand was the duck and his least favourite was the stuffed aubergine so a mixed bag of results.

Overall, Hello Fresh get 10/10 for variety, freshness, quality of ingredients, ease, recipe instructions - everything. It's a fantastic service they offer. If a food subscription is the kind of thing you're looking for I'd recommend this any day. The only (sort of) negative comment I'd make is that the portion sizes were too big. But we used this to our advantage and had the left overs for lunch the next day so it worked well for us in the end.

Now, let's talk about price. It's not cheap. Without our discount card we would've paid £49 for five nights worth of food for two people. So not exactly reasonable on a student budget but I'm pretty sure that's not their target market. Unfortunately we won't be able to continue with the subscription simply because of the price (we usually get a week's worth of food and supplies for about £50 although I'm not going to even pretend that the quality of produce is on par) but it's definitely something I'll revisit in the future.

If you do want to try Hello Fresh you can get £20 off with this code CDK7WZ and I'd sincerely recommend you to, even if you just do it for the discounted week.

No comments:

Post a Comment