Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Phoenix

I've just got back from a delightful afternoon playing dress up at Phoenix dress agency in Cobham. I was invited by Nicola to visit her at her placement where she's in charge of the shop's social media.

If you don't know what a dress agency is, it's a second hand designer shop where people sell their unwanted luxury items. When I say second hand, I really mean that it was bought brand new by somebody ridiculously rich who put it straight to the back of their vast wardrobe - often with tags intact - never to be worn and then given to Phoenix to sell at a reduced cost six months later. Brilliant idea.

The team at Phoenix were lovely. A bubbly, friendly group of women run the shop and they were all so welcoming. Nicola is doing a great job with the social media and after three weeks has considerably increased their Facebook and Twitter traffic.

After a mooch around the two floors of rails ranging from Alexander McQueen gowns to Mulberry handbags, I tried on a pair of nude lace Sportmax shorts (image below), a blue striped Joseph kaftan and a blush pink with navy sequins Tory Burch kaftan (image below). The Tory kaftan was lovely, £80, but sadly gone by the time we got back from lunch. I was desperate for the Joseph kaftan, £60, but decided that it was perhaps too much to spend on something to wear to the beach (says her who just bought a Missoni bikini). The Sportmax shorts were also great on and would be a wonderful addition to my wardrobe but just not a necessity at the moment. Maybe next time.

If, like me, your budget might not always stretch to the shop fresh article but you still have a penchant for designer, pop into Phoenix, I guarantee you won't leave empty handed. I didn't... PS. Have a look at this beautiful Balenciaga that just arrived this morning.







Tory Burch kaftan, £80 (sold) 

Anya Hindmarch clutches

Sportmax nude lace shorts, £60 

 I love the detail on this Christian Louboutin heel



...I couldn't resist. Nude, patent Rupert Sanderson sandals - my heel of the season.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if I could have resisted those sportmax shorts if I were you!! Love them!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete