Friday, November 4, 2011

Interiors Inspired by the Catwalk

We're having a little rearrange of furniture in our lounge at the moment and this has prompted the realisation that we really need to get some soft furnishings. Not to say that what we've got isn't functional but because of the mis-matched furniture which comes with a rented apartment, it all looks a bit cluttered and messy. I'm hoping some scatter cushions here and there and the odd throw will help bring the room together. Hopefully next week when I've finally got round to buying a few bits and bobs, I'll post some photos.

The last couple of weeks have been a sea of S/S 2012 catwalk shows. Project after project we are sent to look at photo after photo of the latest trends. So with all that at the back of my mind, I can't help but be influenced.

Here are a couple of looks I've considered:

Grey cushion - £65, Liberty, Green cushion - Mydeco.com, Candle - Lordandtaylor.com, Bowl - £5.50 Liberty
Cushion - £45, Liberty, Vase - £6.95, Liberty, Candle - £35, Alice by Temperley, Blanket - I stupidly don't remember but if anyone desperately wants to know, I'll try and find out.
Floral cushion - £15, Monsoon, Grey cushion - £30, John Lewis, Vase - £28, Monsoon, Skull candle - £80, Harvey Nichols


No comments:

Post a Comment