Monday, October 17, 2011

A Weekend in the Country

Myself and my other half drove the 3 hrs or so trip to a little village near the south coast in Dorset for the weekend. We went to a magnificent food fayre on Saturday and ate way too much (you can tell because I was so busy stuffing my face, I forgot to take photos) but it was the best food I've had in a long while. Local produce and seafood, delicious bakes and all sorts of homemade wares from honey candles to knitted blankets. Naturally we stocked up on meat, pies and cheese to last us through the week.

We also got a chance to have lunch at Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's restaurant, River Cottage Canteen and Deli. The food was superb and very reasonably priced. I wish I would have remembered to take some photos of our dishes but once again, my brain was elsewhere.

It was so nice to get out of London for a change of scenery. There's nothing better than good food and good company round a log burning fire to help recharge.





All the flavours of fudge you could ever wish for.


This really is an Aladin's cave of a bookshop. Messy, hap-hazard and filled to the brim of just about any book (or magazine - 1960s Vogue?!) you can think of. Just how a bookshop should be.


View of Lyme Regis





Local ciders and wines on offer at River Cottage canteen.

The menu

No comments:

Post a Comment